Wednesday, March 3, 2010

workin' on my fitness

I'm really proud to say I am now back into the groove of running!

My, how I've missed you my friend. ;) The biggest challenge for me as a mom of three is to just tune out all the noise in life, lace up and go.

Random thoughts that run through my head..should I bring the dog? Maybe I should go before dinnertime and use the jogging stroller and take one of the kids? What if my shins start to hurt? Ugh, looks like it could rain..maybe I should wear gloves, is it cold? Random. Noise.
I think at some point whenever we set goals in our lives- and, no, this is not just fitness related..the noise creeps in! Whether it's the "I'm tired," "I'm stressed," or the "my knees hurt." Those I can't voices just creep in

Sometimes, life feels so overwhelming that it's too easy to just give in to that negative voice that resonates in my skull. But, in lacing up my shoes, Quieting that voice in my head and focusing ahead one breath at a time I am learning to tune out the negatives.
I am determined. Determined to run through the noise and tune into whatever I'm feeling on my ipod in that moment. It feels incredibly good when I can feel my body working for me and i think ahead to all that my body has accomplished.
I feel strong. I raise my head a bit higher and I feel accomplished.

As I walk out the door and take those first steps on the pavement I hear a tiny voice in my head that says "Go mommy!" Then I tune it out and turn up my ipod and GO....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers