My oldest daughter had this squish book as a baby for the bath. It was a baby Einstein and to this day (almost six years later) I can recite half of that book..
It got me thinking the other day. How much water do I actually drink in a given day? Is it enough? So, I have made it a point to get in even more water on a daily basis despite the fact that I am usually quite diligent about my water intake.
I've taken to filling my daughter's 1 L jug with the pink top (she has it for sports and it has a handle) and carrying it with me all around the house. My goal being to fill it a minimum of 2x while I'm at home.
A simple reason to swap out those other various drinks in a day for water? How about this??
The average soda is full of empty calories- approximately 310 calories in a large coke! And, by stopping (or reducing that soda habit, whether diet or regular) you will reduce bloating and improve your diet! It's not to say you need to go 'cold turkey' on this issue but when you consider the amount of soda/juices/and other various empty calories we consume and the impact they have on our health it's quite possible to make these changes one drink at a time.
I am also finding, more so than the swapping issue- that I just needed to get into the habit of reaching for a sip of water as opposed to waiting until I was thirsty.
E
No comments:
Post a Comment